Innovation Manager/Technical Manager
To £40,000 plus benefits
Everfresh Natural Foods is a dynamic young company just starting to branch out, with unique and wonderful products: https://www.everfreshnaturalfoods.com/shop
While the business is currently focused on bakery products (bread and cakes), our innovation plans take us far beyond that, focusing on plant-based foods but without the overprocessing associated with many new arrivals in this sector.
We are looking for a technically focused Innovation Manager to work closely with the MD and the production team, developing a strong stream of innovation to achieve our vision of becoming a key player in the plant-based food market, building on the solid platform that exists with the current range. Providing leadership to the Production Team through proactive involvement in day-to-day operations, you’ll act as a strong #2 to the MD, taking on a wide range of responsibilities such as liaison with customers and suppliers, scheduling production, control of goods in, arranging transport, invoicing, managing accounts payable, credit control, fixing stuff that needs fixing … and even shifting the occasional pallet with the fork lift truck!
This role will suit someone with a passion for food, a track record of bringing innovation through from concept to shelf, and the ability and drive to work independently in a small, hands-on business.
· Track record of success in bringing innovation from kitchen recipes, to factory production and through to market
· Sound business acumen to manage the company’s margin aspirations combined with numerical awareness and budgetary skills
· A proven track record of leadership and development within a food environment with experience in creating and managing quality and technical standards
· Experienced in dealing with certification bodies – we are currently certified by SALSA and the Organic Food Federation
· Experience in dealing with suppliers of raw materials (ingredients, packaging, ancillary products)